Joe Popp, JD, LLM, is principal and state and local tax services director at Rea & Associates. He's also a regular podcast guest who is known for both his humor and state and local tax expertise - among other things. In addition to sharing his insight with business owners on unsuitable, Joe is regularly tapped to present at regional and national conferences and is regularly interviewed for local publications. His areas of expertise include state and local tax, the Affordable Care Act, state and federal tax audits and choice of entity direction. Check out his full bio to learn more.
If you’re a business owner, you probably have some thoughts about someday leaving your business and embarking on retirement. However, as you contemplate which exit plan route is right for you, there are some pretty major considerations to be aware of that could ultimately hurt the overall value of your business.
Joe Popp, principal and director of state and local tax (SALT) services at Rea, shares some SALT-related exit planning considerations all business owners should know.
On this episode of unsuitable, you’ll discover:
- State and local tax issues that can impact your earnings before interest, taxes, and amortization (EBITA).
- State and local tax issues that can impact your reps and warranties.
- How to do your due diligence when preparing your business for sale.
Learn more about this topic:
- Listen: “episode 207: how to sell your business for top dollar”
- Listen: “episode 173 – back to the basics of business valuations”
- Read: “What Legacy Do You Want To Leave?”
- Read: “Wayfair – One Year Later”
If you like this episode of unsuitable on Rea Radio, hit the like button, share it with your friends and colleagues and use #ReaRadio to join the conversation. You can also watch the podcast in action on the Rea & Associates YouTube channel and access additional resources at www.reacpa.com/podcast.