Topics or areas of expertise that Tom can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Auditing efficiency
- Working as a team
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Tom holds a bachelor's degree in accounting from The University of Akron
- He has 20 years of experience in the accounting industry
Furthering his professional development, Tom is involved with:
- The American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Involved with Millersburg Rotary Club (current treasurer and past president)
- Friends of the Holmes County Public Library (treasurer)
- Leadership Holmes County (graduate)
- Hardwood Furniture Guild (board member)
- Spending time with his wife and sons
- Coaching sports
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- A client had a sales tax issue with a portion of their business. It was determined the best solution was to set up a new company for this line of work. This separated the sales tax issue from the entire company and regulated it to just the new business where it was able to be managed.
- A client was looking to sell a piece of real estate for a large taxable gain. The client was looking for options to reduce the taxes on this sale. I recommended a like kind exchange to this client. He had not heard of this before, but was able to utilize this portion of the tax code to postpone the large taxable gain and the tax consequences.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" means to you? A Brighter Way represents Rea & Associates as an organization.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? Rea felt like the right fit for me.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? The people and clients I interact and work with each day.
- What do you consider is your "brightest" quality? My positive attitude each day.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? Not a CPA
- What makes you get out of bed every day? My alarm clock
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? For my enthusiasm
I am an honest, hardworking individual that will work to make sure my client's needs are handled promptly and professionally.