Topics or areas of expertise that Ted can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Individual income tax
- Business income tax
- Lean Six Sigma
- Manufacturing leadership
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He earned his bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Akron, where he was a member of the Phi Eta Sigma honor society.
- Ted began his career in the accounting industry in 2006.
- He has been asked to speak to the Young Professionals Association of Medina County.
- In addition to his CPA license, Ted has earned his Lean CPA Green Belt certification.
Furthering his professional development, Ted is involved with:
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Young Professionals of Medina County (president)
- Medina Chamber of Commerce
- Wadsworth Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Medina County (graduate)
- United Way of Medina County (community investment panel member)
- 2016 Rea's NextGen Leadership Program Graduate
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending time with family
- Playing softball
- Going to baseball games
Inside The Mind Of...
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? Rea is a firm with a great reputation. We have been in business for more than 75 years and have a lot of talented specialists and resources available. I have formed many friendships here - both personally and professionally. I enjoy spending time with and working with my fellow team members.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Opportunities abound. Believe in yourself. Dare to dream.
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea? I was at retreat with the rest of the Rea firm, sitting in CPE on Friday. It was Oct. 25, 2013 - the day after my birthday. I got a frantic call from my wife that she was going into labor with our daughter and I had to rush to the hospital. I was so grateful that I was able to make it to the hospital just in time and to be part of the birth of our first child.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? I would be a professional bass fisherman or start a fishing guide service.
- What makes you get out of bed every day? My alarm clock - just kidding. I get out of bed every day so that I can be the best husband, father and person I can be while not compromising my faith in God and my personal and professional values.
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? My father is also a CPA and he instilled in me at a young age how important it is to have integrity and lead by example.
It's my goal to become the trusted business advisor to my clients, to help them realize their potential and to help them achieve their personal and financial goals.