Topics or areas of expertise that Steve can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Saving for your retirement
- 401(k) plan fees
- Properly designing a 401(k)
- Personal budgets
- Working as part of a team
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He began his career in the accounting industry in 1999.
- Prior to joining Rea in 2008, Steve worked as a benefits operations manager with Hewitt Associates. He also gained brokerage experience with Northern Trust Securities.
- Steve earned his bachelor's degree in accounting and finance from the University of Akron.
Furthering his professional development, Steve is involved with:
- The American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries
- 2015 Rea's NextGen Leadership Program Graduate
- Tuscarawas County YMCA (board of directors)
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- At the ball park
- Spending time with family
Steve is involved in his community:
- He has coached several youth sports teams over the years. Currently he keeps busy calculating the batting and pitching statistics for the Valley Force Softball team that his daughter Alexis plays on. He also runs the computerized scoring for Dover High School Varsity Swimming home meets.
- Tuscarawas County YMCA - Adventure Guides and Silver Streaks swim programs
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? "A Brighter Way" means being more than just an accountant. It means being a trusted advisor to our clients.
- What is your favorite aspect of your job? Providing retirement plan solutions for small business owners, as well as their employees.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you best? Choose to be positive, every day.
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea? The 75th anniversary dinner
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? Sports management
- What was your first job? I started delivering the newspaper three weeks before my 8th birthday
- What is the best restaurant you've ever eaten at? The Clevelander Bar & Grille
I strategically design retirement plans for small business owners, and their hard working employees. I take pride in servicing my clients, and I choose to be positive every day!