Principal, Director of Assurance Services
Resident of Columbus, OH
Rea Team Member Since 2010
- As the director of assurance services, Michaela oversees a variety of initiatives. She also serves clients as an audit client service principal.
Topics or areas of expertise that Michaela can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Project management
- Substantive analytic review
- Purchase accounting
- Auditor judgment
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- Michaela began her career in the accounting industry in 1986.
- Prior to joining Rea in 2010 she worked for a national accounting firm where she provided audit and attestation services.
- Michaela earned her bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Recipient of The Chet Stocker Award for Service to the Profession (2021)
Furthering her professional development, Michaela is involved with:
- The American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- St. Timothy Home and School (past president)
- Leadership Columbus graduate
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Doing something with her children, whether it is going to soccer games or helping them study.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? Embracing the Rea Way each and every day with everyone we come in contact with.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Never stop learning
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? I work with great people and Rea enables me to do what I enjoy and what I am good at.
- What is your favorite aspect of your job? I love the teaching aspect of my job and helping others to grow and learn.
Just For Fun:
- What makes you get out of bed every day? If I didn't, no one else would either and everybody would be late.
- What was your first job? Babysitting
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? I would either be an attorney or a history professor.
As a mother and a Rea employee I am encouraged to never stop learning. I love that.