Topics or areas of expertise that Matt can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Tax planning
- Representation of taxpayers in IRS audits
- Contractor accounting for tax
- Income tax preparation/review
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Matt holds a bachelor's degree in public accounting from Marietta College, graduating magna cum laude
- He has more than 10 years of accounting industry experience
Furthering his professional development, Matt is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- Ohio Board of Accountancy
- 2015 Rea's NextGen Leadership Program Graduate
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Participating in the Sons of the American Legion
- Squadron 750 (finance officer)
- Lowell Moose Lodge (member)
- Knights of Columbus Chapter 4617 (3rd degree member)
- Spending time with his wife, daughter and friends
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? "A Brighter Way" means looking for a creative solution to an issue or problem, instead of just the obvious solution.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? The clients
- Describe your work style. Driven
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Value your clients. Challenge them to reach their potential.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? Finance
- What was your first job? Worked on a produce farm
- What is the best restaurant you've ever eaten at? Greg Norman's Australian Grille
I enjoy the challenges each day brings and overcoming those challenges to help our clients do their best.