Topics or areas of expertise that Matt can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Client advisory services
- Outsourced accounting functions
- Outsourced controllership/CFO
- Business and tax strategies
- Financial reporting
- Business consulting
- Restaurants and hospitality industry
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He earned a bachelor's degree in accounting from Kent State University.
- He also earned his master's degree in taxation from The University of Akron.
- He has more than 15 years of experience in the accounting industry.
- 2020 Spotlight Awards Recipient, Richard Rea Award for Client Service
Furthering his professional development, Matt is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Working on his cars
- Enjoying the outdoors
- Rooting for Cleveland sports teams
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does “A Brighter Way” mean to you? Creating opportunities for our people to grow while working hard to help our clients achieve their goals and succeed. Taking great pride in what you do and the clients you work with.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? Rea is deeply rooted in our local communities, we take pride in the people within these communities and Rea treats our employees like family. Rea has home-town values, yet the expertise and resources of a large firm.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? Being a trusted advisor to clients, knowing I have their best interest in mind and helping them achieve their goals.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Invest in your family, your community and your future.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? Auto Mechanic
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting? Financial Advisor
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I’m motivated, passionate, driven, and I'm invested in your success.