Topics or areas of expertise that Lesley can talk about (even in her sleep):
- High net worth families
- Oil & gas industry
- Wealth planning
- Project management
- Lean Six Sigma
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- Lesley earned a bachelor's degree in business administration.
- She also holds a master's degree of accountancy, with a focus in taxation, from Bowling Green State University.
- She has over 15 years of accounting industry experience.
- She is also a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
Furthering her professional development, Lesley is involved with:
- The American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- Leadership Wooster (graduate)
- Wooster Area Chamber of Commerce (past board of directors member, past chairwoman)
- Wayne Economic Development Council (board of directors member, treasurer)
- Prentke-Romich + Saltillo Company (board of directors member)
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Serving as a member of St Paul Lutheran Church
- Playing with her children
- Cooking or baking
- Reading a book
- Spending time with her husband and children
- Playing with the bell choir and singing with the choir at St Paul Lutheran Church
- Doing arts & crafts
How she's helped clients meet their business needs:
- During 2012 when the gifting exemption was much higher than it is today, we were able to talk with and coach members of a family group to gift business interests to either the next generation of family members or trusts in order to help reduce their future estate tax burden.
- A client had the opportunity to see a tremendous increase in revenue if they were a minority-owned entity. We helped them restructure their ownership so that they maintained control of the entity yet moved their ownership around to the female members of the family so that they qualified to be a minority-owned entity. We helped them with the application process and they earned the certification they needed in order to get the opportunity to earn that additional revenue.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? You'll get something unexpected when working with a Rea team member.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Every day there are new and different challenges to tackle.
- Describe your work style. I work a lot on my own, but our brightest work comes from working together as a team.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Embrace change. Be open to the possibilities.
Just For Fun:
- What makes you get out of bed every day? My children. They literally wake me up every morning.
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I get things done!
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? I inherited my great sense of humor from my father. Maybe some of his orneriness, too.
I'm a dedicated and loyal employee who is smart, has a good sense of business and is fun to work with.