Topics or areas of expertise that Ken can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Employee Benefit Plan audits
- Form 5500 filing requirements and preparation
- Deferred tax calculations for financial statement presentation
- Accounting and tax issues impacting small businesses
- Opportunities for tax savings using IC-DISCs and R&D credits (probably not IC-DISCs any more with the new tax act)
How he’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- Ken set up an IC-DISC for a client in which the tax savings over the past 4 years amounted to $250,000.
- He suggested R&D tax credit for a client that resulted in tax credits of $150,000 over the past 2 years,
- He also suggested electing Qualified S-Corporation Subsidiary status to consolidate 5 separate corporations into one tax return..
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
He attended the University of Toledo and then transferred to Cleveland State University where he graduated with a bachelor of business administration degree with a major in accounting.
He has over 25 years of experience in the accounting industry.
He joined Rea as part of the 2017 Walthall CPAs merger.
Furthering his professional development, Rick is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
Attending his son's high school athletic events
Home improvement projects
Inside The Mind Of…
- What does “A Brighter Way” mean to you?
Providing resources to our clients to enable them to succeed in their business and personal endeavors.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job?
Helping my clients become successful
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best?
Be persistent in finding creative solutions
- Describe your work style.
Just For Fun:
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father?
My father's work ethic and attention to detail.
- What makes you get out of bed every day?
An opportunity exists every day to accomplish a task.
- What is the best restaurant you’ve ever eaten at?
Ahmed's Steak House in Toledo