Topics or areas of expertise that Joseph can talk about (even in his sleep):
- The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) compliance and planning
- Sales and use tax
- Federal tax audits
- State tax audits
- Choice of entity
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Joe has been sought after for his experience and expertise by the Ohio Society of CPAs, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Greater Columbus Arts Council, the National Business Institute, Forbes, Smart Business, ASA Ohio, the Business Growth Club, the Benefactor Group, the Ohio Bankers League, the Ohio Oil and Gas Association, the Ohio Mid-Eastern Regional Education Services Agency, the Baird Group, Builders Exchange, and the Ohio Association of Public Treasurers.
- He earned his bachelor's degree in liberal arts from The Ohio State University, graduating cum laude
- He graduated from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law with his juris doctorate.
- He was a recipient of the John J. Adams Memorial Award.
- He has earned a Master of Laws in taxation from Capital University Law School.
- He is an serves as an adjunct professor at the Columbus College of Art and Design, teaching business concepts, tax and copyright law.
Furthering his professional development, Joseph is involved with:
- The Ohio State Bar Association, past member
- The Ohio Society of CPAs, past member
- Rea NextGen (class of 2017)
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Walking his dogs
- Enjoying sci-fi movies and big budget TV series
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? When I advise clients, I try to capture all the technical rules, financial impacts, practical considerations and other considerations that they might consider when making their decision on a particular topic. To me, a brighter way means to give advice that doesn't' simply get locked into a particular mode of viewing an issue - is there another perspective.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Be a person of influence.
- What do you consider to be your "brightest" quality? I have been told that I have a particular knack for taking very complex concepts and communicating them in an easier-to-understand format.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? Probably a fireman.
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? Professor
- What is the best restaurant you've ever eaten at? Mama's Fish House, Maui, Hawaii
Motivated, highly skilled, outside-the-box, ninja tax warrior