Topics or areas of expertise that Jeff can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Small business consulting
- High net worth individual taxation
- Technology start-up consulting
- Real estate taxation
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He has over 20 years of experience in the accounting industry.
- Earned his bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Toledo.
- Prior to joining Rea, he worked for Anneken & Moser, The Wortzman Company and Tramer, Shore & Zwick.
Furthering his professional development, Jeff is involved with:
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Watching or coaching one of his four children's sporting events
Jeff is involved in his community:
- He is a Trustee and Treasurer of Brecksville-Broadview Heights Schools Foundation.
- Coach of girl's fast-pitch softball
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- During an annual audit of pension plan, it was discovered the administrative staff was making personal purchases with fund assets. I performed a thorough analysis of all transactions, assisted the department of labor investigative division with their investigation and was able to assist in making the fund whole.
- Was introduced to an individual with severe tax delinquencies with multiple taxing jurisdictions spanning many years. I was able to negotiate favorable repayment terms and structured a plan to pay down delinquencies.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does“A Brighter Way” means to you? Continuous improvement and high expectations.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? The team is dedicated to performing quality services.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Building relationships and being a part of client success.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? 'Embrace change.' I am always open to finding a better way to perform services.
- What do you consider is your “brightest” quality? My ability to develop and nurture relationships.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting? IT professional. I have been a tech enthusiast since the 80's!
- What makes you get out of bed every day? Every day there is something new to learn.
- What was your first job? Lifeguard. It was a natural fit for a competitive swimmer.
A conscientious accountant that always puts the needs of the client first. He strives to make the CPA-client relationship valuable.