Topics or areas of expertise that Dustin can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Financial reporting
- General and technical accounting
- Internal controls
- Business/industry analysis
- Auditing efficiencies
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Dustin holds a bachelor's degree in accounting and business management and a minor in Finance from Kent State University.
- He has over 10 years of experience in the accounting industry.
- He is also a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- 2015 Spotlight Awards Recipient, The Richard Rea Award for Service to the Client.
Furthering his professional development, Dustin is involved with:
- The American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- Holmes County Chamber of Commerce (board member)
- 2016 Rea's NextGen Leadership Program Graduate.
- Wee Care Center, Inc. (board member)
- Wooster Rotarian
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending time with his wife and extended family
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- A client was growing dramatically year after year and was not able to keep up on all of their requirements for their retirement plan. I researched and reviewed their plan document and made them aware that they are required by the Department of Labor to have an audit performed because of their size. We were able to minimize the amount of penalties and fines because of this.
- A new client we began working for was not receiving information from their prior accountant and their accounting software was not correctly reflecting their business for the year. The controller and I began working through not only the parent company, but all the other commonly owned companies to correct the accounting software for the entities so that the shareholders and board of advisors would have an accurate view of the company's financial information.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? A Brighter Way to me means being knowledgeable, efficient, and honest to our clients and at the same time striving for the best from yourself.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? I worked in Cleveland with larger companies where you felt you were a burden to be out there to work on their audits, reviews, compilations and tax work. Being back home and in the Holmes and Wayne County areas, I feel like clients really enjoy having us come out and help them.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? My favorite aspect of my job is meeting with clients and new perspective clients and getting to understand how their companies work and how we can incorporate our skills to add value to their company. We have multiple clients in the same industry and when you get to understand these companies, it is interesting to me how each company is run so differently from each other. but at the same time can still be succeeding and profitable.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Invest in your family, your community and your future. This is what I have been taught by my parents to live my life and it is a great feeling to work for a company that believes in those same values!
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? A pharmacist
- What was your first job? I worked at a furniture manufacturer and was in charge of pulling the inventory needed to build the furniture.
- What is the best restaurant you've ever eaten at? Melt Bar & Grill
I am someone who loves to laugh and enjoy life! Life is too short not to enjoy the time you have on earth. At the same time I am very dedicated and hardworking and make sure my responsibilities are completed by the required due date.