Topics or areas of expertise that Doug can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Financing structures
- Cash flow management
- Balance sheet management
- Succession/Exit Planning
- Long-term capital/liquidity event guidance
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Doug has over 25 years of experience in the accounting industry.
- Prior to joining Rea, Doug worked for: Deloitte, National City, FirstMerit and Primary Financial
- He holds a bachelor's degree from Wittenberg University and a master's degree from The Ohio State University.
- 2020 Spotlight Awards Recipient, Richard Rea Award for Client Service
Furthering his professional development, Doug is involved with:
- The Construction Financial Management Association
- The Associated General Contractors of America
- The Ohio Contractors Association
- Exit Planning Institute
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending time with his family
- Watching college basketball
Doug is involved in his community:
- Active board member for Dominican Sisters Mohun Health Facility
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- A client needed assistance transitioning ownership from another entity. Being in the construction industry, this was extremely stressful, particularly in the immediate aftermath of the financial crisis. We helped secure financing and modeled cash flow to reassure him that his Company would be successful. It seemed simple in that we were just doing our job, but years later he noted that our confidence in him was vital and allowed him to be free to focus on the productivity of his business.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does “A Brighter Way” means to you? A Brighter Way means building relationships – listening, sharing information, and asking questions that will help foster ideas for both the client and the firm.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? The opportunity to collaborate with a team that supports each other, has fun, and has the resources to help our clients be successful.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? A simple ‘thank you’ from a client for being there for them and doing the job well.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? ‘Be a good steward.’ I try to represent the firm in a positive manner and remember that I am a guardian of the Rea name.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? Just like Roberto Clemente
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting? Finance (been there, done that!)
- What makes you get out of bed every day? To make tea for my wife
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? Disciplined, organized, will follow through.
- What is the best restaurant you’ve ever eaten at? Three Tigers in Granville, OH!
I'm a financial professional who listens intently and helps crystallize the path forward.