Topics or areas of expertise that David can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Oil & gas tax
- Multi-state tax
- Estate and gift planning
- Succession planning
- Family businesses
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- David earned a bachelor's degree in business administration, as well as a master's degree in business administration from Baldwin Wallace University.
- He has over10 years of accounting industry experience.
Furthering his professional development, David is involved with:
- The American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- The Ohio Oil & Gas Association (OOGA), where he serves as a member of the tax committee
- Southeastern Ohio Oil and Gas Association
- The Ohio Valley Oil & Gas Association
- The Muskingum Oil & Gas Coalition
- 2015 Rea's NextGen Leadership Program Graduate
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Serving on the Young Professionals Steering Committee for the Wooster Area of Commerce.
- Also serving as a treasurer for the Montessori School of Wooster and People to People Ministries.
- Visiting the farm he grew up working on visiting family and friends.
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- A client was having difficulty understanding how their business was growing in sales, but cash wasn't increasing and neither was profit. In talking through their issues, we found that they were not only concerned about the business' performance, but they were actually concerned about improving the business so that they had something of value to pass on to the next generation. We have worked with them on how to effectively pass on their lives' work to their children.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? "A Brighter Way," to me means to find the best solution, not simply the first or easiest solution.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? Every day presents a new challenge or puzzle to solve.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? I truly enjoy the brainstorming and problem solving to find solutions for clients.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Listen intently. Let your listening fuel action.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? Petroleum engineering
- What was your first job? A farmhand
- What is your most prized possession? My most prized possession is my great grandfather's journal from WWI.
I am a passionate tax accountant, and I care as much about our clients' overall success as their taxes.