Topics or areas of expertise that Chris can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Accounting standards
- Auditing standards
- Financial reporting
- Rural electric cooperatives
- Not-for-profit organizations
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Chris holds a bachelor's degree in accounting from Walsh University (magna cum laude)
- He is also a graduate of the Ohio Society of CPAs' Center for Leadership.
- Chris has nearly 30 years of accounting industry experience
Furthering his professional development, Chris is involved with:
- The American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Serving at Faith Bible Church (elder and treasurer) and the Millersburg Lions Club
- Cheering his kids on at their athletic events
- Following the Browns, Indians and Cavaliers
- Relaxing with his wife and children at home
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- A not-for-profit organization with inadequate financial records was behind in compliance with IRS filing requirements. I assembled the appropriate team of Rea bookkeepers and accountants that were able to re-construct financial records for the entity using bank statements and source documentation and file the delinquent Form 990s. We were able to communicate the circumstances with the IRS to have potential penalties abated.
- A manufacturing company missed bank covenants and needed an audit of their financial statements for the first time. I was referred to the company by the banker and we developed a plan to conduct the audit to fulfill the banking needs, including auditing beginning balances and issued an unqualified audit report satisfying the bank's requirements.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? A Brighter Way means that we are different from other accounting firms. We strive to exceed client expectations and add value to them through our service and advice.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? Rea & Associates' culture is one that places an emphasis on really caring about our clients and our people. I enjoy the people I work with at Rea, the clients I work with and the variety of work that I get to do - it's never boring!
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Work together. To me this means working with my clients collaboratively, and also including other Rea team members who have a skill or specialty in an area needed to serve my clients' needs.
- What do you consider is your "brightest" quality? Loyalty
Just For Fun:
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I am faithful and follow through on what I have committed to do, when I say I will do it.
- What was your first job? A paperboy, which taught me the importance of being timely, providing good service by delivering according to expectations and collecting receivables to pay the newspaper bill each month!
- What is the best restaurant you've ever eaten at? Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
I help my clients to have timely, reliable financial information to make good business decisions and comply with reporting requirements.