Topics or areas of expertise that Chad can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Internal control effectiveness and efficiencies
- A-133 audits
- Governmental GAAP accounting
- Charter school operations and accounting
- Audit methodology
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He earned bachelor's degrees from Kent State University in accounting and finance.
- Obtained his advanced single audit certification in 2016.
Furthering his professional development, Chad is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- 2016 graduate of Rea's NextGen leadership program
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Working out
- Watching movies
- Volunteering with the United Way of Medina County
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? To me, "A Brighter Way" means to be innovative and proactive in all aspects of your life.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? I work at Rea because of the family-like culture that has been championed throughout the organization.
- Describe your work style. I would describe my work style as fast-paced, but organized.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you best? Fail forward. Be persistent in finding creative solutions. I have always been willing to try new things - at work and at home - without being afraid of failure. When I fail, I learn from my mistakes and move forward.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A veterinarian, because I have always been an animal person.
- What was your first job? My first job was painting parking lot and road lines. I worked this same job from my freshman year in high school until I graduated from college.
- What is the best restaurant you've ever eaten at? Lola in Cleveland, which is owned by Iron Chef Michael Symon.
I am hard-working and career driven. But it is very important for me to have fun and enjoy life - whether at work or outside of work.