Topics or areas of expertise that Chad can talk about (even in his sleep):
- State and local tax compliance and consulting
- Federal income tax - most often missed items
- Manufacturing best practices
- Ways to increase a company's bottom line
- How to retain people
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Chad began his career in the accounting industry in 1995.
- Prior to joining Rea in 2007, Chad worked with other large CPA firms.
- Chad earned his bachelor's degree in business administration from The Ohio State University where he graduated magna cum laude.
Furthering his professional development, Chad is involved with:
- The American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- Zane State College (accounting advisory council)
- Spark560 (board member)
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending time with his wife and three daughters
Inside The Mind Of...
- In a sentence, please share what "A Brighter Way" means to you? A better way of doing tasks that will add value to your business.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? Because we have something special to offer our people and clients that other firms and communities do not. Founded by Richard Rea, a well-known leader in Ohio who believed in our responsibility to remain involved in our local communities, our firm is backed by a tremendous amount of talent provided by professionals throughout various industries. Not only are we able to provide innovative business solutions, we are able to do so in a way that maintains our responsibility to our local communities.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Working with gREAt people and clients who value our services.
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea? My favorite memorable moment at Rea was when we were able to reduce a client's use tax assessment from more than $700,000 to just over $8,000 and save the client's business from certain collapse.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? I just wanted to play outside in the neighborhood, play sports, camp and hike in the woods.
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? I would be a teacher and coach.
- What makes you get out of bed every day? My will to provide for my family, our employees and our clients. Others are depending on me to be successful and help them out.
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? Because I work hard, have a great attitude and refuse to lose.
I have saved multi-billion dollar corporations money and have learned how to apply similar techniques to businesses like yours.