Topics or areas of expertise that Ben can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Not-for-profit program efficiency
- Operating reliance
- Revenue recognition criteria
- Net asset restriction requirements
- Allocation of functional expense methods
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He earned his bachelor's degree in accounting from Bowling Green State University.
- He also earned his master's degree in accountancy from Bowling Green State University.
- He has 10 years of industry experience.
Furthering his professional development, Ben is involved with:
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Young Professionals Network of Columbus
- 2015 Rea's NextGen Leadership Program Graduate
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Serving on the finance committee for Prevent Blindness Ohio
- Volunteering with Accounting for Kids Day
- Spending time with his wife and children
- Going on family trips
- Working on his golf game
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? "A Brighter Way" to me is thinking outside the box to come up with creative solutions in an oftentimes complex business world.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Adding real value to a client's organization. Having the right information is very valuable and that is where Rea provides value in what we do for our clients.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Take your work personally.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? Bruce Springsteen
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? Positive attitude
- What was your first job? I had a paper route when I was maybe 10 years old. My accounts receivable collection rate was so bad that I think I just broke even every week and never actually made any money.
Father to two amazing children, husband to an amazing wife, and consummate Rea client advocate.