Director of Practice Growth
Resident of Dublin, OH
Rea Team Member Since 2005
- As director of practice growth, Becca oversees the firm's marketing and practice growth efforts. She focuses on building relationships with the firm's principals, helping them identify opportunities and providing them the tools they need to grow their practice and develop new offerings and solutions for their clients.
Topics or areas of expertise that Becca can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Proposal development
- Telling a story and creating interesting copy
- Creating and executing an internal campaign
- Editing and tightening copy - adding interest and eliminating unnecessary words
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- She's got a bachelor's degree in public relations with an emphasis in marketing from Miami University
- Becca joined Rea's practice growth team in 2005, back when marketing was a pretty foreign concept to the firm, and helped develop the firm's marketing/practice growth team. She also played a key role in the firm's 2010 rebranding project.
- Becca also helped the practice growth team win more than 20 Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) Marketing Achievement awards.
- In 2020, Becca was named to Accounting Today’s list of Top 100 Most Influential People in Public Accounting: Ones to Watch
Furthering her professional development, Becca is involved with:
- Association for Accounting Marketing (board president 2020-2021)
- Rea NextGen (class of 2017 graduate)
- Leadership Dublin (class of 2016 graduate)
- Former Moore Stephens North America Marketing Special Interest Group steering committee chair
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Enjoying some good Ohio sunshine
- Sipping on craft beer with fellow members of the Ladies Beer Club of Columbus
- Snapping photos
- Camping with her dogs
- Knitting and sewing something for friends or her nieces and nephews
- Shopping at a local farmers' market, and then cooking up something fresh and tasty
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? A brighter way is illuminated by experience, intuition, insight and passion.
- Describe your work style. I learn by doing. I love to experiment and play with my work to the point that I get lost in it.
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea? I'll never forget revealing our new brand to the firm. Definitely one of my best and proudest moments.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into marketing? I would be a detective. I love solving puzzles.
- What makes you get out of bed every day? Two dogs and a cat who are ready for their morning treats.
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? My father is the smartest person I know, but he's sometimes lacking in the common sense department. When I catch myself having a "Rick" moment, I can't help but laugh.
I like to create. I love solving problems. I care about the success of this firm. I am quick on my feet. I believe in hard work, with some fun peppered in.