Topics or areas of expertise that Becca can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Proposal development
- Telling a story and creating interesting copy
- Creating and executing an internal campaign
- Editing and tightening copy - adding interest and eliminating unnecessary words
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- She's got a bachelor's degree in public relations with an emphasis in marketing from Miami University
- Becca joined Rea's practice growth team in 2005, back when marketing was a pretty foreign concept to the firm, and helped develop the firm's marketing/practice growth team. She also played a key role in the firm's 2010 rebranding project.
- Becca also helped the practice growth team win more than 20 Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) Marketing Achievement awards.
- In 2020, Becca was named to Accounting Today’s list of Top 100 Most Influential People in Public Accounting: Ones to Watch
Furthering her professional development, Becca is involved with:
- Association for Accounting Marketing (board president)
- Rea NextGen (class of 2017 graduate)
- Leadership Dublin (class of 2016 graduate)
- Former Moore Stephens North America Marketing Special Interest Group steering committee chair
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Enjoying some good Ohio sunshine
- Sipping on craft beer with fellow members of the Ladies Beer Club of Columbus
- Snapping photos
- Camping with her dogs
- Knitting and sewing something for friends or her nieces and nephews
- Shopping at a local farmers' market, and then cooking up something fresh and tasty
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? A brighter way is illuminated by experience, intuition, insight and passion.
- Describe your work style. I learn by doing. I love to experiment and play with my work to the point that I get lost in it.
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea? I'll never forget revealing our new brand to the firm. Definitely one of my best and proudest moments.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into marketing? I would be a detective. I love solving puzzles.
- What makes you get out of bed every day? Two dogs and a cat who are ready for their morning treats.
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? My father is the smartest person I know, but he's sometimes lacking in the common sense department. When I catch myself having a "Rick" moment, I can't help but laugh.
I like to create. I love solving problems. I care about the success of this firm. I am quick on my feet. I believe in hard work, with some fun peppered in.