Topics or areas of expertise that Andrew can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Cost accounting & analysis
- Internal controls
- Microsoft Excel
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Andrew holds a bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Akron.
- Before joining Rea, Andrew worked at The J.M. Smucker Company.
Furthering his professional development, Andrew is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- Mennonite Christina Assembly (Core Group Leader)
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending time with friends and family
- Watching Cleveland and Ohio State Sports
- Working outside in the yard/garage
- Playing games
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- Andrew was responsible for taking over the accounting and reporting for a large manufacturing plant due to some organization restructuring. Once he got started, he realized there wasn't any type of reporting or analysis being done and plant leadership did not know theirs costs and where they were at from a performance standpoint. Within a month, Andrew was able to develop a detailed and easily repeatable reporting package so results could be reviewed timely.
- A manufacturing facility was developing their detailed budget for the next fiscal year but did not understand the ledger accounts to use and what made up the current spend in each account. Andrew was able to help them understand what the drivers were in each account and how they should be used in order to make the budget more useful later on when comparing to actual results.
- Operations leadership at a large manufacturing plant was tasked with explaining their performance vs. target by doing a gap analysis. Andrew was able to take the data provided and develop an interactive tool that showed them graphically and numerically exactly what was driving their gaps in performance. After determining at a high level what key drivers were, they were able to use other functions of the tool to drill further into the data.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? Putting others first and bringing value to clients by helping them understand important issues that are relevant to them.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? The people and the ability to make a positive impact on the lives of others.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Being able to always learn new things and gain experience that will allow me to better serve clients.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? "Take your work personally"
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A sprint car driver
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? Work ethic and ability to grasp and understand things quickly.
- What was your first job? Mowing lawns
I am a hard-working professional that enjoys serving others and strives for excellence in everything that I do.