Topics or areas of expertise that Andrew can talk about (even in his sleep):
Strategic tax planning
Cost structure optimization
Choice of entity analyses
Cost & profitability analysis
Business & individual taxation
Manufacturing operations & processes
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Andrew holds a bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Akron and is a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- He has over eight years if accounting and finance experience with the manufacturing industry
- 2019 graduate of Rea’s NextGen Leadership Program
- 2019 graduate of Leadership Holmes County
- 2019 Rea Technical Excellence Award Winner for cost structure consulting projects and cost/profitability analyses
Furthering his professional development, Andrew is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- Mt. Eaton Medical Group (board member and treasurer)
- Mennonite Christian Assembly
- The Rainmaker Companies - Manufacturing Niche
- BDO Alliance Manufacturing Group
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending time with friends and family
- Rooting on the Browns and Buckeyes
- Working on his lawn, landscaping, garden or in the garage
- Relaxing by the fire
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
Andrew got involved in the accounting and financial reporting for a large manufacturing facility and quickly realized there was no reporting or analysis being done and that leadership did not know what their costs were or where they were at, from a performance standpoint. Within a month, Andrew was able to develop a detailed and easily repeatable reporting package so financial and operational results could be reviewed timely.
Andrew facilitated the completion of a choice of entity analysis for a large manufacturing client due to tax law changes that impacted the client. As a result of the analysis and guidance provided, the client decided to switch their entity type and increased their overall bottom line by an estimated 10% on an ongoing basis which also provided a significant amount of additional and ongoing free cash flow.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? Putting others first and bringing value to clients by helping them understand important issues that are relevant to them.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? The people and the ability to make a positive impact on the lives of others.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Being able to always learn new things and gain experience that will allow me to better serve clients.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? "Take your work personally"
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A sprint car driver
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? Work ethic and ability to grasp and understand things quickly.
- What was your first job? Mowing lawns