Topics or areas of expertise that he can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Maintaining a budget
- Importance of internal controls
- School Medicaid AUP process and the impact on Ohio school districts
- Importance of an audit/review
- Money management
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- A.J. holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from The University of Mount Union (magna cum laude)
- He also holds a master’s degree in business administration from Ashland University
- Rea NextGen (class of 2018 graduate)
Furthering his professional development, he is involved with:
- Institute of Management Accountant
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- Love INC of Greater Holmes County Board Treasurer
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending time with family
- Working outside at home
- Spending time on a golf course
Inside The Mind Of…
- What does “A Brighter Way” mean to you? A Brighter Way to me means going above and beyond for your clients and doing things that make you stand out from the crowd.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? My favorite aspect of my job is getting to work with local businesses and entrepreneurs and learning from them the keys to their success and also getting to provide some insight and help along the way to help them in their attempt to become even more successful.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Maintain integrity in all you do.
- What do you consider is your “brightest” quality? Dependability
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A professional baseball player for the Cleveland Indians
- What makes you get out of bed every day? My alarm clock! On a more serious note, knowing that God has allowed me to be on Earth another day and He has a plan for me in this life.
- What was your first job? Umpiring little league baseball games when I was in high school.
As a professional I am a dedicated and dependable resource to both the firm and our clients.