Day-to-day activities at Rea:
At Rea, Steve specializes in retirement plan administration at the firm where he also consults clients on retirement plan design.
Topics or areas of expertise that he can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Saving for your retirement
- 401(k) plan fees
- Properly designing a 401(k)
- Personal budgets
- Working as part of a team
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- He began his career in the accounting industry in 1999.
- Prior to joining Rea in 2008, Steve worked as a benefits operations manager with Hewitt Associates. He also gained brokerage experience with Northern Trust Securities.
- Steve earned his bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance from the University of Akron.
Furthering his professional development, Steve is involved with:
Steve is active in his community:
- He has coached several youth sports teams over the years. Currently he keeps busy calculating the batting and pitching statistics for the Valley Force Softball team that his daughter Alexis plays on. He also runs the computerized scoring for Dover High School Varsity Swimming home meets.
- Tuscarawas County YMCA – Adventure Guides and Silver Streaks swim programs
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- At the ball park
- Spending time with family