HR Educational Resources For Employers In Response To COVID-19
Rea & Associates' human resources consulting services team is working diligently to provide you with the information you need to comply with new government regulations in response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis. Please check out the information below for a comprehensive list of resources for employers.
Effective Thursday, July 23, at 6 p.m., the governor has ordered that masks must be worn in Ohio when: at an indoor location that is not a residence; outdoors, when unable to keep six feet of social distance from those who are not in your household; and when waiting for, riding, driving, or operating public transportation (i.e. taxi, car service, private rideshare). Additionally, the governor's order only requires that those who are 10 years old or older to wear a mask. In addition, the following do not need to wear a mask:
- Those with a medical condition or disability or those communicating with someone with a disability;
- Those who are actively exercising or playing sports;
- Those who are officiants at religious services;
- Those who are actively involved in public safety; or
- Those who are actively eating or drinking.
COVID-19 Travel Advisory Resources
Ohioans who are traveling to and from high-incident states are requested to self-quarantine for 14 days. The advisory applies to those who are coming into Ohio from states with positivity rates at 15 percent or higher. To find out which states are considered "high risk" at any given time, visit this website. This resource also provides you with a to-do list of things you should be doing when you are under a self-quarantine.
If you are want to know how your county stacks up with regard to the number of COVID-19 cases and other indicators, check out the Ohio Public Health Advisory System.
The links provided above are updated regularly by the Ohio Department of Health. Check back often for the most current information.
HR Experts Answer Common COVID-19 Questions
Rea's HR services professionals have put together a variety of key resources and have presented them to hundreds of organization leaders and HR professionals, complete with a comprehensive webinar and Q&A session. This presentation is available to view at no charge.
For full access to these webinars, please click on the picture below. The top webinar is the most current piece of content and includes a variety of regulation updates for you to consider. The second webinar in this HR series provides you with an overview of the COVID-19 crisis and what resources are available to help your business overcome this challenging time.
When you access each webinar, you will also gain access to the slideshow presentation, the full transcript and a large variety of essential resources.
Regulation Updates: Understanding Employer Compliance & Safety - Recorded April 1, 2020Understanding Employer Compliance & Safety - Recorded March 19, 2020
Re-Opening For Business Amid COVID-19
How To Re-Open Responsibility
We know you have a lot of questions about the re-entry process following the COVID-19 crisis. We are working hard to provide you with the tools and information you need to make the transition as seamless as possible. Check our dedicated "re-entry" page for more information.
HR Tools & Resources
Additional Resources And Information
- [EXECUTIVE ORDER] Unemployment: Suitable Work May Only Be Refused For 'Good Cause'
- Workplace Posters: Employee Rights & Information
- [FAQ] Unemployment In Ohio
- Employer Resources For Recalling Workers From Unemployment
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Info Sheet
- [FAQ] Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions & Answers
- Ohio Governor's Office Of Workforce Transformation Info Sheet
- [FAQ] Health Plan Options For COVID-19 Business Disruption
- [FAQ] Emergency Family And Medical Leave Expansion Act
- [FAQ] CARES Act Impact on Retirement Plans (from National Association of Plan Advisors & American Retirement Association)
- Request for Emergency Paid Sick Leave Template
- Child Care, Schools, and Youth Program Resources
Additional Online Government Resources
State and local governments are working quickly to provide employers with the resources necessary to persevere throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see the resources below for a complete directory.
Ohio-Based COVID-19 Resources
Note: According to an announcement from Ohio's BWC, insurance policy payments for March, April, and May can be deferred until June 1, 2020. | FAQs
Note: In an effort to ease the financial strain on restaurants and bars, the Ohio Department of Commerce is offering a one-time liquor buyback program. This action is good for products that have been obtained in the last 30 days and also applies to F2 permit holders. Click here to read more.
Note: According to a March 20 bulletin, insurers must permit employers to continue covering employees under group policies even if the employee would become ineligible due to a decrease in hours worked per week.
- Coronavirus and Unemployment Insurance Benefit Information
- Unemployment Information for Employers
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Program
Note: The Department of Job and Family Services is drawing attention to its SharedWork Ohio program, a layoff aversion initiative for businesses that are working to curtail unemployment during economic downturns. To be considered for this program, employers must submit the names and hourly schedules of employees to be uniformly reduced. JFS will then compensate these employees with unemployment benefits. To find more information about the program and eligibility, click here.
Note: Per a notice from ODOT, a special blanket permit for haulers carrying heavy or oversized loads of food, non-alcoholic beverages, medical supplies, cleaning products, and other household goods has been approved. To read more and to download and print the permit, click here.
Note: In an effort to keep employees engaged from home or to utilize downtime by enhancing the knowledge base of your employees, TechCred will provide reimbursement for businesses that are looking to upskill employees through a select list of verified skill development programs. Learn more here.
Federal COVID-19 Resources
Note: Low-interest federal loans for working capital for small businesses and nonprofits are now available. To apply, click here. You can also contact your Rea advisor, or complete the contact us form, with questions or for assistance.
- DOL Coronavirus Resources
- COVID-19 impact on the Fair Labor Standards Act
- COVID-19 impact on the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Guidance for Workers & Employers explaining paid sick leave & expanded family & medical leave benefits under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Temporary Rule: Paid Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Note: The federal government continues to respond to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis. Updates are being provided daily and a comprehensive resource center is available here. You can also find a link to the latest official information from the Coronavirus Task Force at the White House.
Additional Resources & Updates
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ohio Department of Health (Health Updates)
- Ohio Department of Health (Crisis Resources)
For more information about resources available to you in response to the COVID-19 crisis, fill out our contact us form.