One of the recurring topics on this podcast has been the importance of planning for the unexpected in your business. For the last several decades, one of our most outspoken advocates of this message has been Tim McDaniel, a principal on Rea’s valuation and transaction advisory services team.
Today, Tim’s central message will not be about the importance of planning ahead in your business. Instead, he will be delivering another message – one that is deeply personal – and that zeros in on a subject that has turned his whole life upside down.
Becoming an ALS Warrior
Every year, around 6,000 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS. Lou Gehrig, Stephen Hawking, Sam Shepard, Glenn Montgomery, Charles Mingus, and countless others have fought and died from this disease – and recently, Tim joined this fight.
Today, ALS is always fatal and patients typically only live three to five years after diagnosis, but it doesn’t have to be this way. In recent years, there have been great strides in the scientific community and it’s only a matter of time before a cure is found. Unfortunately, there are other roadblocks to contend with as well, and these are the roadblocks Tim and so many other ALS Warriors are determined to remove.
May is ALS Awareness Month and we are proud to bring you this special episode of unsuitable on Rea Radio to help raise awareness of this terrible disease.
If you want to support Tim and ALS research, here’s how you can help:
- Contact Rea or Tim about opportunities for Tim to speak with the media about ALS and the advocacy ALS needs.
- Join Central Ohio ALS – visit alsohio.org to learn more.
- Join IAMALS.org as an advocate and donate to their cause.
- Support Rea & Associates’ “Walk to Defeat ALS” team “Trekking 4 Tim”
- Follow Tim McDaniel on Twitter – @TimTMcDaniel
- Follow Tim’s CaringBridge account for updates: caringbridge.org/public/timmcdaniel
Click here to read the official transcript for episode 184, “Advice From A Dying Man”