Topics or areas of expertise that Wendy can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Individual taxation
- The 3.8 percent Medicare tax
- IRA distribution rules
- General investing stock basis and options transactions
- Employer stock transactions including basis and options
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- Wendy joined the Rea team in 2006, when Rea merged with Lynch, Anselmo, Ott, Bryan + Company.
- Her experience includes 10 years with Lynch, Anselmo, Ott, Bryan + Co.
- Wendy graduated from Michigan State University with a bachelor's degree in accounting.
Furthering her professional development, Wendy is involved with:
- The American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- On the golf course
- Photographing nature
Wendy is involved in her community:
- Harpersfield United Methodist Church (finance committee)
- The Executive Women's Golf Association Cleveland Chapter (board member)
- The Suicide Prevention Education Alliance (2004-2014)
- First Tee of Cleveland volunteer (2015)
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" means to you? "A Brighter Way" means to take the time to understand what makes a client tick so that you can identify opportunities to help them attain their goals.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Most of my clients are very generous with charitable giving. It's very gratifying to work with clients that are willing to share their wealth to better our community and world. I enjoy helping them make the best decisions regarding how much to donate, which asset works best, proper timing and method.
- Describe your work style. I love sticky notes.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A horse trainer/riding instructor.
- What was your first job? Strawberry picker. I didn't earn much because I ate too many.
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? Treat others with respect.
Uses knowledge from CPA-CFP licenses to assist clients with issues relating to taxation, retirement and estate planning and charitable giving.