Topics or areas of expertise that Victor can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Compliance for plan sponsors relative to employee benefit plan administration
- The nuances of WIP schedules used in percentage of completion accounting
- Planning and executing effective audits within the construction industry
- Steps to reduce fraud risks through the use of internal controls
- Using benchmarking analysis to measure performance and identify shortcomings
How he’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- Victor engaged with a client that resulted in a fraud examination related to monies being stolen from church bingo operations. He helped to reconstruct records, identify weaknesses in controls, quantify known monies stolen, and formulate controls to prevent it from happening again.
- On several occasions, he has helped construction clients use their WIP schedules to provide more accurate information about the progress of jobs through improved cost allocations. Additionally, this helped them create more accurate bids for work in the future.
- He helped a non-profit client with a Canadian affiliate that needed to be audited to gain assurance from the Canadian government that a US GAAP statement would be accepted.
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- He holds a bachelor's degree in English literature with a minor in sociology
- He received a post-baccalaureate degree in accounting from John Carroll University
- Victor has more than 15 years of experience in the accounting industry
- He started his career at CBIZ/Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. before joining Walthall CPAs
- 2018 Rea Way Award
- Rea NextGen (class of 2019 graduate)
Furthering his professional development, Victor is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- St. Barnabas Villa Home for Elderly Adults (past president and current board member)
- Involved in the startup process for Hearts of Patriots, an organization to benefit the wives/partners of soldiers
- He provides accounting consultation to his homeowner's association (Reserve at Walden Pond)
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Restoring vintage gumball machines to donate to silent auctions to benefit a variety of charitable organizations
- Spending time with his wife and son
- Maintaining his home and yard
- Watching movies
Inside The Mind Of…
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you?
Doing what is best for the firm, our clients, and my career development
- What's your favorite aspect of your job?
I enjoy helping others grow in their career. Not only does that make them more of an asset to the firm and an engagement team, they become more dedicated to the profession and proud of their growth.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea?
I enjoy the culture of the firm and its dedication to helping clients and others within the firm and the surrounding communities.
- What do you consider is your "brightest" quality?
I work to create strong relationships with clients and co-workers.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting?
- What makes you get out of bed every day?
My commitments to my family
- What is the best restaurant you've ever eaten at?
Ken Stewart's Lodge
I believe in open communication with clients and co-workers and strive to strengthen relationships with both.