Topics or areas of expertise that Thomas can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Cost accounting, overhead allocation in manufacturing
- Business valuations
- Private clubs
- Fraud prevention
- Mergers, acquisitions/selling your business
How he’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- Assisted in multiple negotiations with clients and their professionals, achieving "win-win" results through creative tax strategies, business asset allocations and payment terms achieving results.
- Assisted and chartered detailed plans for the transfer of a family business to children who were working in the business. Saving estate taxes in doing so.
- Mediated multiple valuation issues in family estates, divorces and shareholder disputes.
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- He holds a bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting and economics from Cleveland State University
- He has more than 40 years of experience in the accounting industry
- He joined Rea as part of the 2017 Walthall merger
- Recipient of The Marcia Stutzman Award for Community Service (2021)
Furthering his professional development, Thomas is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analyst
- Hospitality Finance and Technical Professionals
- Canterbury Golf Club
- The Hermit Club
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Golfing with clients or wife, Leanne
- Biking metro parks or towpath
- Traveling the world
- Walking or pushing our dogs
- Watching grandchildren or their events
- Singing with my Hermit friends
Inside The Mind Of…
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea?
When we as partners all shaved our heads when one partner was going through chemo.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job?
I love helping people and meeting and exceeding their goals.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea?
Because of the people and their commitment to client excellence.
- What do you consider is your "brightest" quality?
WYSIWYG "what you see is what you get"
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting?
An airplane pilot
- What makes you get out of bed every day?
- What was your first job?
Pizza shop - did it all
A practical CPA, with a good business understanding, taking complex tax & business issues, proposing solutions that are understandable