Topics or areas of expertise that Tim can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Business valuation
- Succession and exit planning
- How to treat a business ownership like an investment
- Increasing business value
- Strategic planning
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He earned a bachelor's degree in accounting from Bowling Green State University
- Has more than 27 years of experience in the field
- Has been involved with over 2,500 valuations and succession projects
Furthering his professional development, Tim is involved with:
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Society of CPAs
- Institute of Business Appraisers
- American Society of Appraisers
- Conway Family Business Center
- Former Westerville Central Lacrosse treasurer
- Has been on the master's degree advisory board for Ohio Northern University
- Former strategic planning advisor for International Friendships Inc.
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending time with his wife and children.
- Sitting around the fire pit with friends drinking Grand Marnier.
- Riding his bike on the Rails for Trails.
- Reading his Bible and books about personal and spiritual growth.
- Wondering why he's a Browns and Indians fan.
- Working out at Alum Creek or Hoover Reservoir.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? It means taking the time to understand the situation at hand and tailoring the solution to the client's needs.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? I love the combination of the small town feel and the big city expertise.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Taking a tour of business owners' operations and understanding the uniqueness of each business I visit and the business owners' dreams. I am very fortunate to visit over 40 different businesses each year.
- What "bright idea" do you find yourself sharing over and over? It is important that you spend a significant amount of time each year on determining ways to increase your business value and the best way for you to exit your business and realize your value.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? Left fielder for the Boston Red Sox
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? A business coach or a counselor
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I am very good at what I do and can explain a solution to your situation that you will understand.
On a journey learning how to express my gratitude for God's grace and all that has been given to me. I am very fortunate to have a lovely wife, fantastic kids, good friends and a job I love.