Topics or area of expertise that Teresa can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Nonprofits, she earned the AICPA Not-For-Profit Certificate I, which helps her with various aspects on nonprofit organizations.
- Consolidated tax returns in Prosystems tax
- Individual tax returns
- Assisting clients with monthly journal entries
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- She holds a bachelor's degree in accounting from Youngstown State University where she graduated Cum Laude
- She has over 20 years experience in the accounting industry
- As of 2018, she is a QuickBooks ProAdvisor®
- She joined Rea as part of the 2017 Walthall merger
Furthering her professional development, Teresa is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad-Polar Express
- IHS PTO Treasurer
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Biking with her husband
How she's helped clients meet their business needs:
- Teresa helped a client resolve an issue with the IRS. The client was not receiving a refund from their mother's estate because he was missing some information. Teresa was able to get the refund sent to the client.
- Another client had a problem with creating a QuickBooks copy. She was able to assist the client by walking them through the process.
- She helped a client with their fixed assets. She had to assist the client with basic entry on where the item should be coded and why.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? Providing top notch quality work and better opportunities for our clients.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Finding solutions for clients. By helping them, I feel I have done my job.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Take your work personally.
Just For Fun:
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I am a hard worker, I meet deadlines on time and very aware of client needs. I am reliable and responsive to the client.
- What was your first job? I was an aerobics instructor for Elaine Powers.
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? One trait I inherited from my mother is persistence, we never give up.
As a professional I take my work personally. I give my all by listening to my clients and helping them with their needs.