Topics or areas of expertise that Susan can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Customer service
- Software troubleshooting
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- She has 24 years of systems and software industry experience from her time at TestAmerica Laboratories
- She holds bachelors' degrees in chemistry, mathematics and business administration and economics from Heidelberg College
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Attending the Canton Baptist Temple
- Watching her son compete in football and track
- Helping her mother and father-in-law
- Cutting wood, building things and gardening
- Spending time with her family
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? I think it means that I need to present the best version of me in everything I do.
- What do you consider is your "brightest" quality? I don't give up easily on a problem. I keep after it until it's finally solved.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Getting to talk to employees at other offices. I like hearing about what is going on with them. Every person has an interesting story. I think sometimes we get so busy that we forget to talk to each other.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? I was definitely going to be a veterinarian. I love animals and I enjoyed trying to help them out as a kid. Somewhere along the way, I discovered that euthanasia was also involved, and I really didn't want any part of that!
- What was your first job? I was a bus girl at Atwood Lake Lodge and Resort, and was promoted to seating hostess after a few months on the job.
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? I have a fairly good sense of humor. My mother made so many people laugh. We had a lot of fun together.
I have worked in several different industries. I have learned lessons that apply, no matter where I am working, and I try to apply these daily.