Topics or areas of expertise that Spencer can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Tax returns
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He earned his bachelor's degree in accounting and business management from Muskingum University.
- He started his career at Rea as an intern.
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending time with friends, family, girlfriend and pooch Cooper
- Cruising around in his Jeep
- Spending time outdoors any way possible
- Watching football
Inside The Mind Of...
- In a sentence, please share what "A Brighter Way" means to you? It suggests excellence and leadership by saying follow us, we will lead you to bigger and better things.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? Because of the small town feel, it is inviting, friendly and cozy, all while bring dominant in the market and competing with other top 100 firms.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? The people! Everyone is so nice, willing to help and pass their knowledge onto others.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? The listen intently line describes me best. I try to take in whatever knowledge I can, whether it is certain tax codes or even how to interact with a client. I want to be able to use everything I learn at this stage as my own and become a great accountant.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? At 10, I wanted to play football the rest of my life. I was convinced I was going to be a Buckeye, then get drafted to the NFL.
- What was your first job? I was a "gopher" at Superior Med in Cambridge. I mostly scanned in medical records, but also helped with whatever else I could.
- What is your most prized possession? My Jeep Wrangler. I wanted one for as long as I can remember. As soon as I started bartending, I saved for two years so I could get my very own. I clean it about every weekend in the summer and take the top off whenever I can.
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? Because I work hard, have a great attitude and refuse to lose.
I am a passionate professional that is always learning and always willing to help.