Topics or areas of expertise that he can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Tax planning
- Property & Casualty Insurance Companies
How he’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- Analyzed the use of GRATs to transfer stock to the next generation and proposed merging related companies to make use of net operating loss carry forwards.
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- Scott holds a bachelor's degree from Kent State University
- He has over 40 years of experience in the accounting industry
- He previously worked at Frank, Seringer & Chaney before joining Walthall CPAs
Furthering his professional development, Scott is involved with:
- Wayne Mutual Insurance Company (board of directors)
- Washington Mutual Insurance Company (board of directors)
- Marion Mutual Insurance Company (board of directors)
- Wooster Rotary
- Counseling Center of Wayne and Holmes
- Wooster Country Club
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
Inside The Mind Of…
- Describe your work style.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job?
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea?
The introduction lunch
Just For Fun:
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father?
- What was your first job?
- What is the best restaurant you've ever eaten at?
I solve problems for my clients.