Topics or areas of expertise that Sarah can talk about (even in her sleep):
Tax notice resolution
Voluntary disclosure agreements
How we know she knows what she's doing:
She earned an associate of arts and an associate of applied science in paralegal studies from Columbus State Community College
She is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in legal studies from the University of Cincinnati
She started her career in the accounting industry in 2009
She has previously worked at Fraternal Order of Police of Ohio, MedVet Columbus and Installed Building Products
Furthering her professional development, Sarah is involved with:
- American Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations
- Paralegal Association of Central Ohio
When she’s not in the office, you can find her:
Going on cave tours
Playing video games
How she’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- 1) When a client was short-staffed in their accounting department, she went out to help search for and retrieve documents they needed for their audit.
- 2) Sarah assisted a client in automating their accounts payable process by training their staff on how to have date stamps automatically printed on their invoices instead of using an ink stamper.
- 3) When a client was upgrading their accounting software, Sarah aided in creating new report templates and training staff in the new software.
Inside The Mind Of …
- What does “A Brighter Way” means to you? Being smart and effective in achieving what you set out to do, whether it be “Wildly Important Goals” or just everyday tasks.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? I’m working in a role that I’ve always wanted to be in, one that meshes my accounting background together with my legal studies education.
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea? The willingness of everyone to lend a helping hand not just on my first day, but continuously.
- What do you consider is your “brightest” quality? Determination
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A supreme court justice
- What was your first job? An accounts payable clerk
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting? Law