Resident of Middleburg Heights, OH
Rea Team Member Since 2017
- Rick is responsible for assisting with management of the office and generating new revenue through client service.
Topics or areas of expertise that Rick can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Consulting with manufacturers
- Small business consulting
- Small business taxes, especially S corporations
- Built in gains tax
- Manufacturing overhead (263A)
How he’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- Rick was involved with all aspects of helping a client sell his business allowing him to retire. Continually consulting with his manufacturing client on the current state of his business.
- Rick provided planning and guidance to a client who had an involuntary conversion and received a significant amount of insurance proceeds
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- He holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Cleveland State University
- Rick has more than 30 years of experience in the accounting industry
- He started his career at Walthall CPAs and was part of the 2017 merger with Rea
- In 2021, Rick was named to The Cleveland 500, Influencers in Accounting & Consulting
Furthering his professional development, Rick is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- Cleveland State University Department of Accounting Advisory Board
- Beta Gamma Sigma (honorary member of CSU chapter)
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Northeast Ohio Chapter (president, board of directors and Toast of the Town event co-chair)
- Recipient of the 2021 Champions of Hope from the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
- First Federal of Lakewood Bank, Advisory Board
- Westfield Bank (past member of Community Development Board for Cleveland Market)
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Going to sporting events
- Spending time with family
Inside The Mind Of…
- What does “A Brighter Way” mean to you?
Becoming the clients trusted advisor and gaining their confidence to act on that.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job?
I like working with clients that have become friends over the years and strategizing with them on their business.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best?
Maintain integrity in all you do.
- What do you consider is your “brightest” quality?
I work to create strong relationships with clients and co-workers.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting?
A professional athlete
- What makes you get out of bed every day?
I truly enjoy what I do—some days more than others—working with clients in and on their business and now working on our business.
- What is your most prized possession?
I say this often, I am blessed to have a wonderful family!
A strategic leader dedicated to developing staff, growing our firm, serving our clients and contributing to our communities.