Topics or areas of expertise that Rick can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Consulting with manufacturers
- Small business consulting
- Small business taxes, especially S corporations
- Built in gains tax
- Manufacturing overhead (263A)
How he’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- Rick was involved with all aspects of helping a client sell his business allowing him to retire. Continually consulting with his manufacturing client on the current state of his business.
- Rick provided planning and guidance to a client who had an involuntary conversion and received a significant amount of insurance proceeds
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- He holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Cleveland State University
- Rick has more than 30 years of experience in the accounting industry
- He started his career at Walthall CPAs and was part of the 2017 merger with Rea
- In 2021, Rick was named to The Cleveland 500, Influencers in Accounting & Consulting
Furthering his professional development, Rick is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- Cleveland State University Department of Accounting Advisory Board
- Beta Gamma Sigma (honorary member of CSU chapter)
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Northeast Ohio Chapter (president, board of directors and Toast of the Town event co-chair)
- Recipient of the 2021 Champions of Hope from the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
- First Federal of Lakewood Bank, Advisory Board
- Westfield Bank (past member of Community Development Board for Cleveland Market)
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Going to sporting events
- Spending time with family
Inside The Mind Of…
- What does “A Brighter Way” mean to you?
Becoming the clients trusted advisor and gaining their confidence to act on that.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job?
I like working with clients that have become friends over the years and strategizing with them on their business.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best?
Maintain integrity in all you do.
- What do you consider is your “brightest” quality?
I work to create strong relationships with clients and co-workers.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting?
A professional athlete
- What makes you get out of bed every day?
I truly enjoy what I do—some days more than others—working with clients in and on their business and now working on our business.
- What is your most prized possession?
I say this often, I am blessed to have a wonderful family!
A strategic leader dedicated to developing staff, growing our firm, serving our clients and contributing to our communities.