Topics or areas of expertise that Nathan can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Requirements for single audits
- Allowable cost provisions for federally qualified health centers
- Financial statement preparation
- Navigating the new federal audit clearinghouse website
- Compliance for pension audits
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He holds a bachelor's degree with a double major in accounting and finance from Texas A & M University
- He has over 8 years of experience in the accounting industry
- He serves as the treasurer for Knights of Columbus Council 11311
Furthering his professional development, Nathan is involved with:
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- 2018 Leadership Dublin Program Graduate
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Serving with his parish community
- Spending time with his wife
- Playing softball or trying to golf
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? It means constantly seeking to improve and not being satisfied with good enough.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Having the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Fail forward. Everyone will make mistakes, but they aren't a total failure if you can learn and grow from them.
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea? Passing the CPA exam.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A teacher
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? After college, I looked very seriously at seminary and was discerning a vocation as a military chaplain.
- What was your first job? I started working on the family farm when I was young.
I am a CPA who enjoys working to help clients, especially in the NFP and single audit segments.