How we know she knows what she's doing:
- She holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Cleveland State University
- Michelle has more than 15 years of experience in the accounting industry.
- She has previously worked at Samuel, Kellogg & Co., Inc. and Furrer & Associates, Inc.
- She joined Rea through the Walthall merger in 2017
Furthering her professional development, Michelle is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- Girl Scouts of North East Ohio (member on the board development committee)
When she’s not in the office, you can find her:
- Spending time with family and friends
- Working around the house and in the yard
- Bike riding
How she's helped clients meet their business needs:
- Michelle had a client that started receiving IRS notices under an EIN number that wasn’t his and also stating he had amounts due. This went on for years. The IRS would state that Form 2848 wasn’t completed correctly every time we called and the client didn’t exist and didn’t match the EIN. After years of this, we finally talked to an IRS representative that gave us a “hint” that the client’s proper business name was incorrect and we discovered that the client gave us the incorrect name of his business as his proper business name and she was finally able to handle the issue with the IRS.
- A client had a bookkeeper that was suspected of stealing, so Michelle helped isolate all of transactions that were suspicious that the bookkeeper completed and alert the client. The client was initially unaware and the bookkeeper lost her job. Michelle and her team stepped in and assisted with bookkeeping duties and helped find a replacement for the client and did the training. She also took over certain functions the prior bookkeeper had to prevent future issues.
Inside The Mind Of …
- What does “A Brighter Way” means to you?
To view things positively, to learn from the past but live in the present and look forward to the future.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job?
Watching clients succeed and knowing that I have the ability to help them.
- What do you consider is your “brightest” quality?
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best?
Respect your clients, your colleagues and yourself.
Just for fun:
- What makes you get out of bed every day?
My family and my dog.
- What was your first job?
My first job was at an ice cream shop when I was 15.
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father?
My work ethic.
I am hardworking and dedicated to my career, I take pride in my work every day, and I enjoy working with my clients to help them succeed.