Topics or areas of expertise that Mark can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Management of accounting practice issues
- Practice development
- Firm succession planning
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Mark has worked with three local CPA firms. Most recently he owned his own firm, M.A. Hoops & Associates, which merged with Rea in September 2014.
- He earned his bachelor's degree in business administration from Bowling Green State University.
- He has more than 35 years of experience in the accounting industry.
- Mark understands the entrepreneur's point of view and the issues they face. As a former business owner, he knows first-hand the pressures of owning a business, negotiating contracts, and dealing with labor and productivity issues. Because of his past experiences, he is better suited to properly advise clients on the tough issues they face every day.
Furthering his professional development, Mark is involved with:
- The American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Being a golf fan
Mark is involved in his community:
- Shawnee Country Club
- Rita's Business and Professional Committee (former member)
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? Being able to provide unique, practical and clear solutions to clients' concerns using the technical expertise and talents of the best and brightest Rea team members.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? To be able to draw upon the experiences and expertise of the Rea team from across the firm and the ability to do that and still embrace the "one firm" concept, which is important to our staff and clients alike.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Embrace change. Since I am newer to the Rea team, I believe "Embrace Change" best describes how I feel about our future together. I am open and excited about the opportunities available to myself, my staff and our clients as we move forward together.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? Law
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I am competitive, goal-oriented and believe in rewarding people for the results they achieve.
- What was your first job? Grocery store carryout. I also stocked shelves with products.
I'm a business consultant who happens to be a CPA. I truly understand the entrepreneur's point of view and the issues they face.