Topics or areas of expertise that Maribeth can talk about (even in her sleep):
- 990s - IRS reporting for organization exempt from Income Tax Unrelated trade
- Business tax income tax for exempt organizations
- Tax tips for individuals
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- Maribeth earned a bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Mount Union.
- Maribeth honed her skills at another CPA firm prior to joining the Rea team.
- She has more than 30 years of experience in the accounting industry.
- In 2001, Maribeth was awarded the Jeffersonian Person of the Year Award. In 2008, the Cambridge Area Chamber of Commerce honored her with the Distinguished Public Service award and the 2012 John Sidlo Award for Vision, Leadership and Legacy.
- 2018 Chaddock Award for Philanthropist of the Year given by the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio
Furthering her professional development, Maribeth is involved with:
- Ohio Society of CPAs (currently serves on the not-for-profit conference committee)
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Spending time with her family, all of whom still live in the Cambridge area
- Serving as president of the Guernsey County Foundation
- Serving as a trustee of the Southeastern Regional Medical Center
- Involved with the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, Cambridge Alumni and Friends Education Fund and the United Way
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? Having the experiences and expertise in the firm in which to draw upon to provide clients with exceptional advice and services.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Client interactions.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Enjoy the journey.
- What do you consider to be your brightest quality? My personality.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? A teacher.
- What was your first job? At a car hop.
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? Perseverance.
- What is your most prized possession? Besides my family, my photo albums.
I enjoy reading professional newsletters and journals to keep up-to-date on accounting news so I can proactively help my clients succeed.