Topics or areas of expertise that he can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Asset based lending
- Standard costing
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Earned his bachelor's degree in social work from The Ohio State University
- Earned a master's degree in social administration from Case Western Reserve University and went on to earn another master's degree in accounting from Cleveland State University.
- Prior to joining Rea, he worked in the banking and finance industry and as a social worker in various hospitals.
Furthering his professional development, Marc is involved with:
- The Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Hiking with the Cleveland Hiking club
- Playing golf
- Riding his motorcycle
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- I was working for a client who was having difficulty getting complete and accurate loan collateral documentation and reporting from their customer. Through my work on the field exam, I noted that the structure of the borrowing base was overly complex and not aligned with the reporting capability of the customer’s accounting system. I succeeded in suggesting changes to the borrowing base and reporting processes of the customer. The client was then able to get valuable collateral data while easing the reporting burden on the customer.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does “A Brighter Way” mean to you? Creating a warming inviting atmosphere for our clients. Providing top level service completely and with creativity.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? I have always really enjoyed spending time with the clients. I truly enjoy being able to bring added value to clients while developing a trusting relationship with them.
- Describe your work style. Methodical and dedicated. Once I have signed up for project, I see that it is completed at a high level regardless of what it takes to get it there.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Embrace change.
Just For Fun:
- What makes you get out of bed every day? Curiosity on what the day will bring and what new experiences and exciting adventures may lie in store. Though it doesn’t always turn out that exciting I always enjoy the ride.
- What was your first job? My first job was a dishwasher at a local country club.
- What is the best restaurant you’ve ever eaten at? One of the places that I know I will always receive an exceptional meal is Dante in Tremont.
I am an honest and determined professional. I always push beyond my own knowledge to ensure that I am providing the most relevant and complete advice.