Topics or areas of expertise that Luke can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Ohio Commercial Activities Tax
- Flow through entity state taxation
- C Corp state taxation
- Recent events in Multi-state taxation
- State nexus causing activities
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He earned his bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Akron.
- Before joining Rea, Luke worked at Grant Thornton, LLP
- Rea NextGen (class of 2019 graduate)
Furthering his professional development, Luke is involved with:
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Tax Club of Cleveland
- Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland's Young Professional Committee (member)
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Enjoying Cleveland sports
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- 1) After fact gathering, I advised a client that they had out of state tax liabilities and assisted in remediating them, which allowed the client to sell their business at a higher price.
- 2) I identified a sales sourcing issue, which enabled a client to file a claim for refund and receive more than $100,000 from a state.
- 3) Spotted an opportunity for a new client to file Ohio Individual returns for previous years, allowing them to claim the Ohio Business Income Deduction and get all of the tax paid on their behalf refunded.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? "A Brighter Way" means to always assume positive intent in others and to make sure others view me as a positive person.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? Rea is a firm with great people and culture as well as a firm that has given me the opportunity to own my career.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Invest in your family, your community, and your future. A good relationship with your family, a strong sense of community, and working to better your future makes for a great life.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? I take pride in providing exceptional client service.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A professional football player
- What makes you get out of bed every day? The drive to be successful.
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I am a motivated individual who is willing to work hard to get the job done and am always looking to better myself.
I bring extensive state and local income and franchise taxation experience to the firm.