Topics or areas of expertise that Layne can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Government accounting
- Internal controls
- Building relationships
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- He earned his bachelor’s degree in business administration and accounting from Kent State University
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Hanging out with friends, hiking, listening to music, playing sports, reading and watching movies and TV shows.
Inside The Mind Of…
- What does “A Brighter Way” mean to you? “A Brighter Way” means helping the client in a better way than they may have thought of or have been suggested by someone else. It is important for us, as a firm, to look for value-added services that we can provide for our clients that they may not receive elsewhere to help them improve their processes.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? I enjoy the ethos that is Rea and the people who make up that ethos. I enjoy getting to work on different audits, in different locations, and meeting different clients. It keeps work exciting and fresh.
- Describe your work style. I am an easy going worker who is dedicated to getting the job done in the most efficient way possible.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting? Sports administration
- What makes you get out of bed every day? The opportunity to listen to some music and read before I start my day.
- What is the best restaurant you’ve ever eaten at? Yamato Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar in St. Augustine, FL
I am a hardworking employee who is always willing to help others and is continually looking to grow in my knowledge of the profession.