Topics or areas of expertise that Kimberly can talk about (even in her sleep):
- ERISA auditing
- Non-profit accounting/auditing
- For-profit accounting/auditing
- Establishing internal controls
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- Kim holds a bachelor's degree in accounting from Ohio Northern University. She graduated summa cum laude and was also awarded the Recognition Medal for earning the highest GPA in the James F. Dicke College of Business Administration.
- She earned her AICPA Employee Benefit Plans Audit - Intermediate Certificate in April 2017.
Furthering her professional development, Kimberly is involved with:
- The Institute of Management Accountants
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- The American Institute of CPAs
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Watching "way too much" Netflix
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" means to you? "A Brighter Way," to me, means approaching our client interactions, from the actual work engagements to client consultations, with innovative or upgraded strategies that lead to "brighter" results.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? I believe Rea cares about me, the individual, not just about what I can do for the company. I think Rea sees its employees for the important asset we are. Why wouldn't I want to work for a company like that!
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Take your work personally. What I do for a living is not just a job for me. I strive to treat our clients like family and friends.
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea? During my first tax season during one of our stress-relief Fun Friday events we played the Minute-to-Win-It game "Junk in the Trunk." I have never laughed so hard in my life. This experience taught me that at even the most stressful moments at work, we can all still have a good time.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A teacher. I always thought teachers were super cool when I was 10. I now know that I don't have the patience for that career path.
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? I would be an author. I have always had a desire to write and share stories. I think it would be fun to do this full time.
- What is the best restaurant you've ever eaten at? Emeril's in Orlando.
My clients deserve my time, my dedication, my best. Complete, efficient, quality work - that's what I'm all about.