Topics or areas of expertise that Kevin can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Charter schools
- Oil and gas
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He holds a bachelor's degree in public accounting and a bachelor's degree in business from Muskingum University.
- Began his employment with Rea in 2012. Prior to gaining full-time employment with the firm, he worked with Rea as an intern.
Furthering his professional development, Kevin is involved with:
- Ohio Society of CPAs
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Working on his family's 400-acre farm in Zanesville. The farm has been in his family since 1901 - which makes it one of Ohio's Century farms.
- Working on cars and trucks (either his own or for anybody else who needs a little help), or enjoying diesel motorsports or county fairs.
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- A company changed their 401(k) plan and added a match with requirements that each employee must choose a percentage to withhold. We discovered some employees were deferring specific dollar amounts that were allowed under the old plan and as a result they were not getting the proper match. Kevin helped the employer understand some employees were not benefiting from the plan change, which led them to fix the issue.
- A charter school double paid its building rent deposit due to a change in bookkeeping personnel. Kevin discovered what he thought was a double payment and shared it with the school. They looked into it and thanked him for helping them realize the over payment.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? To me, "A Brighter Way" means that there is always room for improvement. You are encouraged to step back to take a better look at the entire situation. Whether you are working to increase efficiency in your own work or asking a company why they have not looked into an area where they could find growth potential, if you take the time to stand back and reflect on your work, you will most likely find that there is always a better way - a brighter way - to do succeed.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Meeting different people and being able to see how different each company operates within their industry.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? Everybody treats everybody else like they are part of their own family.
- What "bright idea" do you find yourself sharing over and over? I find myself running into people all the time who don't contribute to their company pension, especially not up to their company match. I constantly try to explain to them that they are passing over the opportunity to earn "free" money. Most people don't realize that they are doing this, nor do they understand the benefit they are missing out on.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? Diesel mechanic
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I am hard working.
- What was your first job? Working on my family's farm at the age of 14 during the summer.
A hard working young man who is always thinking about the next big idea to better his life and the lives of others.