Topics or areas of expertise that Jim can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Peer review services
- Qualified retirement plan design options
- Closely held companies - business and tax planning
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Jim holds a bachelor's degree in business administration from Ohio University.
- He has over 30 years of accounting industry experience
Furthering his professional development, Jim is involved with:
- American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Serving as a board member and treasurer of the Greater Marietta United Way
- Serving on the finance committee for Marietta Country Club
- Serving on the RLF committee for Buckeye Hills
- Playing golf
- Chopping and stacking wood
- Spending time with his wife and children.
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- A client came to me because he wanted to sell his business. We assisted him in gathering information, evaluating potential asking prices and related tax impacts and assisted the buyer's accountants with their due diligence.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? Choose to be positive and always look to improve
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Choose to be positive, every day. There are many things in my job I can't control. This is one I can.
- What "bright idea" do you find yourself sharing over and over? Add value to each and every client encounter you are involved in.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A dentist
- What makes you get out of bed every day? My wife, she says "get out, get out"
- What is your most prized possession? At this point in my life, it's my 401(k)
I strive to add value to each and every client engagement.