Topics or areas of expertise that Jacob can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Accounts Receivable
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He earned his bachelor's degree in finance from The Ohio State University.
- Before joining Rea, he worked as a finance professional with Hawktree International, Inc.
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Trying out a new restaurant
- Hanging out with friends
- Working out at the gym
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- 1) At my previous job, I attempted to collect a payment from a woman that was behind on her payment by almost two years. The issue was that she was unaware of her unpaid balance so when I contacted her, she was really surprised and was uncooperative. However, I made it as clear as I could so that she could understand everything while also being patient and courteous. After a few moments, she was willing to work with me and we were able to agree on a payment plan that would clear her balance within a couple of months.
- 2) A client that I had been working with for about six months had gone back into their records and noticed a previous billing and thought that I had processed it incorrectly resulting in an over billing. They reached out to me to ask about specific billing procedures that I was not 100% comfortable with so I spoke with my supervisor and she was able to confirm that I had in fact calculated everything correctly. I spoke with the customer again and explained all of the billing procedures and calculations and they understood it was done correctly.
Inside The Mind Of …
- What does “A Brighter Way” mean to you? To never give up and continuously strive to find the best solutions possible.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? The Rea Way was a critical reason of why I chose to work at Rea. And after meeting everyone I would be working with, I know I made the right decision.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? Meeting new clients and facing new challenges on a daily basis.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Embrace change. Be open to the possibilities.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting? I would probably be a teacher or a financial advisor
- What makes you get out of bed every day? I am always excited to wake up in the morning because each day brings new challenges and opportunities that will help me to grow and become a better version of myself.
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? I always give my full effort and attention in everything that I do.
I’m an aspiring CPA developing the skills to succeed in assurance and tax with the goal of becoming an expert in as many industries as possible.