Topics or areas of expertise that Heather can talk about (even in her sleep):
- QuickBooks Desktop and Online
- Bookkeeping best practices
- Payroll & payroll taxes
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- She earned her bachelor's degree in accounting and business from Muskingum University.
- Prior to joining Rea, she served in the auditor's office for the State of Ohio
- In 2018 she earned her Sage Intacct Implementation and Accounting Specialist Certification
- QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor, Online & Desktop
- Teaches QuickBooks classes
Furthering her professional development, Heather is involved with:
- Rea NextGen (class of 2017)
- She earned her Sage Intacct certification in 2018
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Spending time with family, cheering on her boys in soccer or basketball, or spending time outside in her yard or around the fire.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? A Brighter Way is a positive view on the world and our jobs.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Helping people. Whether I'm helping a client find a solution to their accounting issue or helping a co-worker learn a new program.
- What line(s) of The Rea Way describes you the best? Show others that you care. Work together.
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? A teacher
- What makes you get out of bed every day? My kids
- What was your first job? Secretary at a placement agency
As a professional, I am open-minded and inventive. I love to find a new process that works more efficiently or a better way to get things done