Topics or areas of expertise that Duane can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Individual tax preparation & planning
- Corporate tax preparation & planning
- Government Accounting
How he’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- Duane helped convert a nonprofit client to a private foundation for tax purposes.
- Helping a client with a Quickbooks issue of posting revenue correctly.
- Helping a client setup a trust return for a deceased parent.
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- He holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Cleveland State University
- Duane has more than 25 years of experience in the accounting industry.
- He has also worked for Ciulla, Smith & Dale, LLP; Samuel Kellogg & Co.,Inc; The Astrup Company; Frank, Seringer & Chaney, Inc.; Walthall, LLP.
Furthering his professional development, Duane is involved with:
- Lorain Rotary (secretary)
- Lorain County Chamber of Commerce
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Working out at the gym
- Watching sports
- Working around the house
Inside The Mind Of …
- What does “A Brighter Way” means to you? Helping our clients grow so we can grow as a firm.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? I like working in the different areas of accounting and interacting with clients.
- What do you consider is your “brightest” quality? Maintaining integrity in all that I do.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Choosing to be positive every day
Just for fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A professional football player
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? Determination from my mother
- What is the best restaurant you’ve ever eaten at? Timber Lodge in Medina, Ohio
I am a professional that works very hard and keeps knowledgeable in the areas of accounting to service clients in our firm.