Topics or areas of expertise that Donald can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Review and compilation engagements
- Audit documentation
- Audits of non-profits
- The importance of inventory counts/observations
How he’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- Donald has worked closely with clients to close their books and maintain their general ledger. He enjoyed helping them so that they could accurately report information and was proactive in reaching out to them on a regular basis.
- He has helped clients on the tax planning side by working with team members to analyze ways to help save or minimize taxes.
- He has been involved on both the book and tax side for several clients over the years, of which has enabled him to play a key role in servicing clients to meet their needs.
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- He holds a bachelor’s degree from The University of Akron with a minor in financial planning
- Before joining Walthall CPAs in 2014, he worked at SS&G
- He joined Rea as part of the 2017 Walthall merger
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Reading mostly business and history related books
- Walking local trails in the Akron area
- Attending local sporting events
Inside The Mind Of…
- What does “A Brighter Way” mean to you? Working with of a strong team of professionals to continue to grow ones career and service clients
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? The opportunity to train and mentor staff to help them advance
- Describe your work style. Collaborative style which works well on the audit side
- What do you consider is your “brightest” quality? Attention to detail
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting? The history field
- What was your first job? Worked for a grocery store, carrying out groceries and stocking shelves
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? Enjoy learning new things
As a professional, the most important thing to me is integrity and ethics. At the end of the day, I need to feel good about the product that is going out the door and that we performed the work in accordance with professional standards.