Topics or areas of expertise that Derek can talk about (even in his sleep):
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Earned his bachelor's degree in accounting from The Ohio State University
- He was part of Rea's 2018 Internship Class
- Before joining Rea, he worked for Jackson Hewitt and State Bank
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Riding his motorcycle
- Relaxing by the pool
- Skiing (if the weather permits)
Inside The Mind Of...
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? I like the small, close-knit feel at Rea. I am from a small town; it makes me feel at home in this big city.
Just For Fun:
- What profession(s) would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting? 1) A DJ because I've always loved music. 2) Exterminator because I hate bugs and have always found them annoying. 3) A Tandem Jumper which is the person you are strapped to when you sky dive.
- What was your first job? Wendy’s fry cook
- What is your most prized possession? My 2012 Honda CBR
I understand that I am a Rea ambassador and must respect my clients. An accounting professional should seamlessly be able to solve problems and assist them to reach their full potential. As a professional, I strive to become the face of Rea when interacting with clients and solve problems.