Topics or areas of expertise that he can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Structuring the sale of a client’s business in a tax efficient manner resulted in tax savings approaching $100,000.
- Multi-year tax planning scenarios including timing of retirement plan distributions to offset long-term care expenses effectively converted taxable income to nontaxable income.
- Working with multiple generations of a family, implemented a gifting strategy to avoid millions of dollars in potential estate taxes.
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- He began his career in 1979.
- He started his career at B&W Construction Company before joining Walthall in 1981.
- He joined Rea as part of the Walthall merger in 2017.
- He earned his bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Akron.
Furthering his professional development, Dan is involved with:
- The American Society of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs (Peer Review Acceptance Committee-former member)
- Institute of Management Accountants
- North Royalton Chamber of Commerce (Treasurer and member of Board of Directors)
- North Royalton Community Festival (Treasurer)
- Royalton Recorder (member of Board of Directors)
- Villa Grande Homeowner’s Association (member of Board of Directors)
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending time with family and friends
Inside The Mind Of…
- What does “A Brighter Way” mean to you? To be proactive and focused on innovative solutions in all situations.
- Describe your work style. Focused on results by working the problem to identify the solution.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? The ability to work as a team directly with many different clients and assist them in meeting their goals and objectives.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Take your work personally. Quality counts.
Just For Fun:
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? Attention to detail.
- What was your first job? Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper route, seven days a week at 5:00 AM.
- What is your most prized possession? My family
A hard-working accounting professional who is strides to provide the best experience for my clients possible